BUYING A HOUSE in the AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
$895.00 inclusive of GST plus the following disbursements:
Act Revenue Rates $112.00
Actew AGL Rates $40.00
Special Water Meter reading $40.00
Agent fee for exchange and settle at the settlement rooms $88.00
The price we quote you is our total fee inclusive of all charges. It is the total fee you will pay unless you ask us to carry out additional work or provide additional services on your behalf. The work includes
- Obtaining all searches that are listed in our quote;
- Contract and conveyancing work including:
- Preparing legal advice for you on the contract;
- Explaining to you any terms of the contract or the process that you do not understand;
- Conducting negotiations with the vendor/seller on terms of the contract;
- Exchanging the contract with the vendor/seller;
- Stamping the contract ; and
- Liaising with the lender in relation to pre-settlement requirements.
- Preparations for settlement including:
- Obtaining searches/enquiries required for settlement;
- Booking settlement attendance with the lender or bank;
- Preparation of settlement figures so that you know who is paid and how much they are paid;
- Attending settlement on your behalf;
- Lodging for Title if no Bank is involved; and
- Providing you with post-settlement report on the settlement process and follow up on any outstanding matters arising from the conveyancing work.
Note if there is no bank involved – there are further disbursements when lodging at the Office of Regulatory Services for the title – these include Transfer lodgement costs.