SELLING A HOUSE or UNIT in the ACT
The following outlines the Price ($895.00) plus disbursements and the work we do in the conveyance:
1. Title Search – usually about $29.00
2. Crown Lease Search - $29.00
3. Deposited Plan - $29.00 or Units Plan $29.00
4. Lease Conveyance Enquiry - $88.00
5. Encumbrances Search (if required) – price will vary as to what is disclosed on the title.
6. Any documentation from a Body Corporate if the property is a unit – either A or B class. A CLASS – APPROX $350.00 which is the 119 Certificate and 2 years minutes and if B CLASS $108.00 which is the section 119 Certificate.
- Contract and conveyancing work includes:
- Preparations for settlement including:
- Drafting of the contract for sale and providing marketing contract;
- Liaising with the Agent if an Agent is involved;
- Explaining to you any terms of the contract or the process that you do not understand;
- Sending out Contract of sale to purchaser;
- Conducting negotiations with the purchaser/buyer on terms of the contract;
- Exchanging the contract with the purchaser/buyer;
- Arrange for your discharge of mortgage;
- Liaising with the mortgagee in relation to pre-settlement requirements.
- Obtaining any searches/enquiries required for settlement;
- Booking settlement attendance with the lender or bank;
- Preparation of settlement figures and forwarding to the purchaser/buyer prior to settlement;
- Informing you of agreed settlement figures so that you know who is paid and how much they are paid;
- Attending settlement on your behalf in person or via an agent; and
- Providing you with post-settlement report on the settlement process and follow up on any outstanding matters arising from the conveyance work.